Thursday, October 2, 2008

Veretarian Spinach Pasta

I threw together a yummy dinner tonight. Can't say the kids liked it, it had some strange green substance that they didn't agree with. However, it was completely healthy! Ingredients included:
Olive oil
Minced garlic
Pine nuts
Canned artichoke hearts
Frozen Spinach
Basil
Salt and pepper
and your favorite Pasta
I tried to combine the healthy stuff with something they really liked but it didn't go over so well. Oh well. I liked it.
I started my water to boil my noddles and then I got to work on the rest of my creation. I started by digging through my cupboards to see what we had and found these yummy ingredients!I started with a little extra virgin olive oil and then added my minced garlic, after a few I added the pine nuts! After they we nice and toasty I added the artichoke hearts and the spinach. After it was warmed through I decided it needed a little basil and some salt and pepper, and a little more olive oil for good measure. Then I let it sit on warm until my pasta was just right. Then I mixed it together and I got this!
It took more time to boil the pasta then it did to dig through my cupboards and come up with what I was going to put with it! Perfect a meal in under 15 min!

No comments: